Fingerprinting & Safe Environment Training - Volunteer and Employee Clearance Information
Per the Diocese of Orange policy, all church/school personnel and volunteers working with children (and vulnerable populations) must complete two levels of clearance. The two levels (steps) consist of a Safe Environment Training (SET) via an online video and quiz, and a federal background check/fingerprint clearance.
***BOTH STEPS MUST BE COMPLETED IN ORDER GAIN VOLUNTEER OR EMPLOYEE CLEARANCE WITH THE DIOCESE OF ORANGE.***
The process to complete the registration for requesting clearance approval has changed. Please follow the Step 1 instructions below to complete the Safe Environment Training (SET) and then use Step 2 instructions to guide you through the background check/fingerprint part of the process.
The first step is to complete the Safe Environment Training (SET) which involves watching the online video and passing the online quiz.
1. To begin, go onto the Internet and type in https://orange.cmgconnect.org/.
2. To register, follow the next steps on screen for entering your information on USER LOGIN DATA tab. Create your own username and password, being sure to WRITE IT DOWN since you will need this to “log-in” to access the training later on.** You will need to enter your name and email address in order to register. If you don’t have an email address, obtain one from a free email service such as Gmail or Yahoo. You cannot share an email address with another person who has registered for the training.
Under the AFFILIATION tab, Enter "St. Bonaventure" in the PARISH, SCHOOL OR DIOCESAN ENTITY field.
5. Once you have registered or logged in you can begin the online training which takes approx 60 minutes to complete.
The online course will take you through a number of different screens with example scenarios and videos for “Protecting Our Youth”. After each section, the system will have you complete short on-line quizzes. Pass/fail results are sent directly to the Diocese of Orange Human Resources Office, which records the data for the Diocese.
The Safe Environment Coordinator DOES NOT have access to these results, therefore, you need to print or save a digital copy of your SET certificate. You will need to email a copy of the certificate as a .jpg or .pdf attachment or bring a copy of your printed SET Certificate to the parish office for your file. Please keep a copy of this certificate for your records. It may be needed to complete the clearance process.
The second step to obtain a clearance is to register for fingerprinting so a background check can be initiated.
1. To begin, download the pdf Safe Environment LiveScan Application (122 KB) .
3. Once received, our office will process the application and generate a "Request for Live Scan Service" form that you will need to take with you to your Fingerprinting Location.
4. Print 3 copies of this form, and take them to one of the pdf Approved Live Scan Providers for the Diocese of Orange (1.93 MB) . The forms will be completed and signed by the Live Scan Operator that processes your fingerprints. The Live Scan operator will keep one copy, and give you back 2 copies, one to keep for your records, and the other to bring back to the St. Bonaventure Safe Environment Coordinator.
5. Please bring the signed copy of the "Request for Live Scan Service" along with your SET certificate to the Parish Office.
You MUST complete BOTH steps to receive approval to volunteer or work within the Diocese of Orange.
Approval takes an average of one month to complete. If you have not heard within that timeframe, please contact our Safe Environment Coordinator so the status of your clearance can be checked with the diocese:
714-846-3359 x 435
Thank you for helping to keep our children safe!